Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disappointed of iphone MAX not water resistance

I had the same problem!

The iPhone has IP68 certification so it means 2m depth for 30 minutes.

Mi phone dead after 10 seconds in 20cm,

so I can only suppose 2 things:

1. iPhone is not IP68 as certified

2. my iPhone wasn't perfectly assembled

Now I have a question:

IF YOU CERTIFY IPHONE X MAX AS IP68 BUT YOUR WARRANTY DOESN'T COVER LIQUID PROBLEMS, HOW CAN I KNOW IF YOU CERTIFICATION IS REAL?

Then, you can write IP68 if it is impossible to prove it isn't.

I'm Apple fan and in over 10 years this is the first time that I'm very disappointed.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 4:11 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Sep 17, 2019 6:06 PM in response to clifftan

clifftan wrote:
Who care the little 3 ? Why do Apple jt told all IPhone user ( NO WATERPROOF AND NO WATER RESISTANT ) ? And please remove the water resistant label ! It making us confuse !

Apple please don’t make Apple fans disappointed !
Tell this world IPhone are not water resistant and waterproof !

This is like everything else in the world. The SUV maker might show a commercial showing it being driven bounding over rocks. Only they have the fine print saying that it's a professional driver on a closed course and that the user shouldn't drive it the same way. Nor that they towed away 10 of them filming the commercial. Or the airbag manufacturer that meets a certain standard but makes no guarantees about whether it will prevent loss of life.

You saw the 3. Ignore at your own peril. It looks like this:

Buy iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max - Apple
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

That being said, Samsung has been sued in several countries over their advertising showing their phones being used in a shower, dropped in dishwater, or dropped in wet grass. I've never seen any Apple reference to water resistance in a commercial - just in product intros and the website - with clear reference to those footnotes.

Sep 17, 2019 12:42 PM in response to HaPpY381

Water resistance is NOT a guarantee against water damage from any water exposure. The IP68 rating merely means it is less likely to be damaged by water exposure than a non-rated device. But damage is always a possibility, just less so for a rated device than a non-rated device’s.

No manufacturer of IP67 or IP68 rated phones includes warranty coverage for water damage - not Samsung, not LG, not not Google - none of them cover water damage regardless of IP rating. The only devices covered for water damage are heavily ruggedized mil-spec phones (mil-spec standards exceed the IP rating system standards).

Sep 17, 2019 7:17 PM in response to clifftan

clifftan wrote:

Who care the little 3 ? Why do Apple jt told all IPhone user ( NO WATERPROOF AND NO WATER RESISTANT ) ? And please remove the water resistant label ! It making us confuse !

Apple please don’t make Apple fans disappointed !
Tell this world IPhone are not water resistant and waterproof !

An industry standards group sets a standard and the tests to meet those standards. Apple, Samsung, LG and others send samples of their devices to industry certified test companies and pass that standards test. Thus they get to label their devices as meeting that standard.

Your failure to understand what the standard actually means and the difference between the standard test and real world usage, or the difference between the terms “water resistant” versus ‘water proof” is not an Apple issue. It’s on you.

The caveats and fine print ALWAYS matter with any consumer product standards or warranties - for any and every consumer product.

disappointed of iphone MAX not water resistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.