Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 shuts off everytime i put my passcode in

My Iphone 6 just keeps shutting off randomly, and then when I try to put the passcode in, it shuts off again. I also tried to update it, but it shut off after i entered in the passcode in order to update. How do I fix this?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 11:25 AM

While you could try restoring the phone to factory and setting up as new and testing, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have the device checked. The iPhone 6 is an older device, will not support the new iOS this fall, and is probably in line for a replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 11:25 AM in response to rdunn02

While you could try restoring the phone to factory and setting up as new and testing, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have the device checked. The iPhone 6 is an older device, will not support the new iOS this fall, and is probably in line for a replacement.

My Iphone 6 shuts off everytime i put my passcode in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.