Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages download

I just got a used MacBook Pro and have been trying to install Pages. Even though my Safari software is up to date, I keep getting this message when I try to download: "Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.13 or later is required." I currently have 12.1.2 installed. What am I missing?

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 3:13 PM

You may have Safari 12.1.2 installed on Sierra (10.12). You can verify the version of macOS installed via the menu : About This Mac panel. The error message was correct in that you do need High Sierra (10.13.6) or Mojave (10.14.6) to download and install the current versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote in the Mac App Store.

If the person that had the MacBook Pro before you did not follow the steps, and particularly step 6 in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your Mac, then you have a used Mac with a version of macOS installed that bears the previous owner's Apple ID, and this will also bite you at the Mac App Store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2019 3:13 PM in response to Sedbaugh

You may have Safari 12.1.2 installed on Sierra (10.12). You can verify the version of macOS installed via the menu : About This Mac panel. The error message was correct in that you do need High Sierra (10.13.6) or Mojave (10.14.6) to download and install the current versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote in the Mac App Store.

If the person that had the MacBook Pro before you did not follow the steps, and particularly step 6 in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade-in your Mac, then you have a used Mac with a version of macOS installed that bears the previous owner's Apple ID, and this will also bite you at the Mac App Store.

Pages download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.