Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages can't install bc vErsiON 11 oR laTer iS rEquiRed

I wanted to install pages on my MacBook from 2017. Obviously doesn't work because apple loves to say that you need a newer version. Is there a way for me to download an older version of pages that I can use? Thanks for the help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:58 AM

Apple does not make past, full-version installers of Pages available for direct user download. If you have never installed Pages from the Mac App Store, then you can use Pages for iCloud, but won't be able to obtain Pages for Mac — without an upgrade to Big Sur or later, hardware compatibility notwithstanding.

Alternatively, if you previously installed Pages from the Mac App Store, you can launch the Mac App Store (assuming Catalina), be signed in with the same Apple ID as used previously to obtain Pages, and then press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. If Pages is present with an Update button — click that. You will receive an initial dialog that you need to upgrade your operating system. Acknowledge that dialog, and do not click Cancel. If you are living right, a second dialog will now appear offering to install the last compatible version (11.1) of Pages for Catalina. You know what to do.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 8:58 AM in response to PaulineHatesAppleeeee

Apple does not make past, full-version installers of Pages available for direct user download. If you have never installed Pages from the Mac App Store, then you can use Pages for iCloud, but won't be able to obtain Pages for Mac — without an upgrade to Big Sur or later, hardware compatibility notwithstanding.

Alternatively, if you previously installed Pages from the Mac App Store, you can launch the Mac App Store (assuming Catalina), be signed in with the same Apple ID as used previously to obtain Pages, and then press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel. If Pages is present with an Update button — click that. You will receive an initial dialog that you need to upgrade your operating system. Acknowledge that dialog, and do not click Cancel. If you are living right, a second dialog will now appear offering to install the last compatible version (11.1) of Pages for Catalina. You know what to do.

Pages can't install bc vErsiON 11 oR laTer iS rEquiRed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.