Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked numbers

Is there a way to block a number on one phone but not another if we are using the same Apple ID? My kids and I share a appleid and if I have a block on my phone it’s blocking on there’s and we don’t want it to.

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 5:54 PM

No. When you block a number, it's blocked on all devices using the same Apple ID. Apple IDs are intended to be used by only one person. Your child should have their own. If your child is under 13, you'll need to use Family Sharing.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 22, 2019 5:57 PM in response to Craetom

Apple ID is not meant to be shared, you will face other problems as well in a long run.

Best you wipe their iPhone down and start new, read here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You should let them have their own Apple ID. If the child is under 13 years see also below.

You can use family sharing to share books, apps & music, see here: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Blocked numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.