Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync problems between Google calendar and Apple calendar

Hello,

I have issues with my Apple calendar v10.0 on macOs High Sierra 10.13.6.

For some reason, on my Apple calendar I can not see all the events on one particular calendar but I can however see all of them online on Google Calendar.

I tried many things, but no success so far.

Do you know how I could fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 4:03 PM

Howdy, 

update and issue resolution: 

After several support contacts, eventually Google acknowledged and worked on, and resolved the issue (see official Google G Suite Tech support trouble ticket emails below).

There may be some delay, and/or calendar cache cleaning needing to be done: 

Here's the official Google support responses is that you may need to still :

-disable the Google calendar account from within Apple's system preferences->Internet accounts, quit Calendar.app, then purge the Apple calendar cache files, then re-enable the Google Calendar account:

To purge the calendar cache files.

I've written up a basic procedure to safely do so:

- go to calendar.app, go to settings, go to accounts, uncheck the calendar to disable, then quit the calendar application.

- then, go to your User Library folder ( ~/library/calendars/ folder), 

(you can easily lookup how to do this if you don't know how to find it)

- then, delete all items with the name "Cache" in it such as:

Calendar Cache-shm

Calendar Cache

Calendar Cache-wal

- then reboot the computer

- go back to calendar.app, launch/run it, then, go to settings, go to accounts, check the calendar to re-enable your Google calendar account

- Then finally, you may wish to also click CMD-R to refresh calendar data and wait for enough time for all data to re-sync

*** official Google G Suite Tech support trouble ticket emails ***

--

Date: August 23, 2019 at 10:18:39 AM PDT

Updates since last message:

The issue with specific product/feature has been resolved for all affected users as of Friday, 2019-08-23 10:17 US/Pacific.

We thank you for your patience while we’ve worked on resolving the issue.

--

Date: August 23, 2019 at 10:14:13 AM PDT

Mitigation work is currently underway by our engineering team.

The mitigation is expected to complete by Friday, 2019-08-23 10:55 US/Pacific.

--

August 23, 2019 at 10:06:34 AM PDT

After reviewing the information you provided, we believe that you may be affected by a known issue. This is a high priority issue that we're working to resolve as soon as possible. Here are some details about the issue:

Description:

We are investigating a potential issue with Google Calendar syncing on MacOS and iOS devices.

We will provide more information by Friday, 2019-08-23 11:00 US/Pacific.

How to diagnose:

Affected users are unable to load Google Calendar events on their MacOS or iOS native calendar apps.

Workaround:

Affected users may access the Google Calendar web UI by going to https://calendar.google.com/ in their browsers.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 4:03 PM in response to ksduckfan

Howdy, 

update and issue resolution: 

After several support contacts, eventually Google acknowledged and worked on, and resolved the issue (see official Google G Suite Tech support trouble ticket emails below).

There may be some delay, and/or calendar cache cleaning needing to be done: 

Here's the official Google support responses is that you may need to still :

-disable the Google calendar account from within Apple's system preferences->Internet accounts, quit Calendar.app, then purge the Apple calendar cache files, then re-enable the Google Calendar account:

To purge the calendar cache files.

I've written up a basic procedure to safely do so:

- go to calendar.app, go to settings, go to accounts, uncheck the calendar to disable, then quit the calendar application.

- then, go to your User Library folder ( ~/library/calendars/ folder), 

(you can easily lookup how to do this if you don't know how to find it)

- then, delete all items with the name "Cache" in it such as:

Calendar Cache-shm

Calendar Cache

Calendar Cache-wal

- then reboot the computer

- go back to calendar.app, launch/run it, then, go to settings, go to accounts, check the calendar to re-enable your Google calendar account

- Then finally, you may wish to also click CMD-R to refresh calendar data and wait for enough time for all data to re-sync

*** official Google G Suite Tech support trouble ticket emails ***

--

Date: August 23, 2019 at 10:18:39 AM PDT

The issue with specific product/feature has been resolved for all affected users as of Friday, 2019-08-23 10:17 US/Pacific.

We thank you for your patience while we’ve worked on resolving the issue.

--

Date: August 23, 2019 at 10:14:13 AM PDT

Mitigation work is currently underway by our engineering team.

The mitigation is expected to complete by Friday, 2019-08-23 10:55 US/Pacific.

--

August 23, 2019 at 10:06:34 AM PDT

After reviewing the information you provided, we believe that you may be affected by a known issue. This is a high priority issue that we're working to resolve as soon as possible. Here are some details about the issue:

Description:

We are investigating a potential issue with Google Calendar syncing on MacOS and iOS devices.

We will provide more information by Friday, 2019-08-23 11:00 US/Pacific.

How to diagnose:

Affected users are unable to load Google Calendar events on their MacOS or iOS native calendar apps.

Workaround:

Affected users may access the Google Calendar web UI by going to https://calendar.google.com/ in their browsers.

Aug 22, 2019 8:49 PM in response to aqwzsx52

Howdy,

Apparently this is a wider spread issue, affecting many users, for at least 24-48 hours (8/22/19 at about 8pm PST currently), apparently ONLY on Macintosh (ie: iOS devices and web browsers are all apparently OK).

So, you can use a web browser on your computer to access the Google Calendars.

This is affecting multiple folks, in multiple locations, across multiple different networks, with multiple Mac OS versions.

I've personally opened a real trouble ticket with Google G Suite tech support, but they currently have yet to make any public posting or resolution regarding this issue.

I've just posted about this via Twitter for what that's worth, as folks should be aware and probably not waste their time and be frustrated, and not bother to attempt client side fixes that don't really work, nor have IT folks un-aware of this apparently wide-spread issue, until Google fixes this issue.

You can delete and re-add the account, but the problem seems to just re-occur, as it's not on the client side that the issue resides, so, no client side fix will be likely to work more then temporarily.

You may wish to see also :

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/12579358?hl=en

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/12612472?hl=en

and

https://twitter.com/MacMindTweets/status/1164736152256933888?s=20

#Apple #AppleCal #AppleCalendar #Google #GoogleCal #GoogleCalendar

Cheers,

Daniel Feldman

MacMind

Sync problems between Google calendar and Apple calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.