Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to Youtube

Hi folks, On my MacBook pro whenever I try to connect to youtube it tries to open but the blue bar in the address window gets about 1/10 of the way across and just stays there. Any help would be appreciated .

Bill

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 1:19 AM

8 replies

Aug 23, 2019 6:16 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi dialabrian, Thank you for your reply, up until a week or so ago I too had no problems. I tried what you said and shut down Safari then held Shift key and clicked on Safari opened my hotmail account and clicked on an e-mail to do with youtube and it opened up no problem ,so thank you for that. Now I'm just wondering why this would happen.

Thank you again

Bill

Aug 25, 2019 12:45 AM in response to dialabrain

Right I have been thinking about this ,I have another problem you see for a while on Facebook and some other sites a message appears now and then (between the address bar and the web page ) telling me that the page is using a significant amount of memory and I should close the page down .Could I download Safari and install a new copy ? What are your thoughts.

Thanks again for your useful information.

Bill

Aug 25, 2019 4:26 AM in response to billmccan

You're welcome. As far as your first question, Safari is actually part of macOS so you would have to reinstall macOS to get a new copy of Safari. As far as the memory message, I haven't seen that message in many years. My guess is it's caused by having too many tabs open or surfing for a long time. I really don't know.

How much RAM do you have and when it occurs do you have other apps running?

Connecting to Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.