Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube caused my Mac to hang

Recently my mac has been hanging every time I watch YouTube. There seems to be some sort of conflict.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 6:35 AM

Well, I watch YouTube videos all the time and I use Safari 13.1.1 too. Try this: Safari->Preferences->Advanced and click the check box labeled "Show Develop menu in menu bar". It's at the bottom. A 'Develop' option should appear in Safari's top menu bar. In that menu about half way down is Empty Caches. Select that option. Now try YouTube again. Report back to us.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 6:35 AM in response to sceotan

Well, I watch YouTube videos all the time and I use Safari 13.1.1 too. Try this: Safari->Preferences->Advanced and click the check box labeled "Show Develop menu in menu bar". It's at the bottom. A 'Develop' option should appear in Safari's top menu bar. In that menu about half way down is Empty Caches. Select that option. Now try YouTube again. Report back to us.

Youtube caused my Mac to hang

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.