Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal - Google - Many events suddenly missing (only from iCal).

Hi

Since yesterday iCal on my computer has behaved very strange. A lot of events are missing, some calendars just have a few events left. Some calendars show zero events.

I've tried restarting iCal, restarting my computer, disabling and enabling the calendars and accounts (I use Google's calendars) and also just updated OS X to 10.14.6 (from 10.14.5). I have the same issue on my other computer and a friend of mine just reported the same issue. When I log-in on google calendar on a browser all is fine (luckily!!), and also on my iPhone (using WeekCal).

I share calendars with several other users (including iphones, android phones, linux computers etc). My friend who reported the same issue uses iCal on a mac.

I haven't done any changes to my computer or google account - this happened out of the blue after a long time of it working properly.

Grateful for any ideas to solve this!

Best, Ale

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 9:57 AM

The same thing is happening to me. If I've created the calendar item on my computer it appears in iCal. All items are visible on Google Calendars and my iPhone, but gone from my iCal. I use this ALL DAY LONG! Any ideas of how to get them back? It is only effecting some of my calendars, and they aren't greyed out, but the ones with partial info are lighter in the calendar column on the far left. Any ideas??

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 9:57 AM in response to Ale Carr

The same thing is happening to me. If I've created the calendar item on my computer it appears in iCal. All items are visible on Google Calendars and my iPhone, but gone from my iCal. I use this ALL DAY LONG! Any ideas of how to get them back? It is only effecting some of my calendars, and they aren't greyed out, but the ones with partial info are lighter in the calendar column on the far left. Any ideas??

Aug 24, 2019 8:37 AM in response to Ale Carr

I have the same problem and thought I should delete the work google account from iCal and reconnect it. Now when I try to add the google account in question I get the following error message:

Connection Insecure

Failed to verify the server certificate. This could be because of your network configuration or your proxy settings.

All the advice for this problem is to delete old certificates from Keychain, turn off anti-virus, and turn off adblockers. I did all that and still cannot reconnect the google account.

iCal - Google - Many events suddenly missing (only from iCal).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.