Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while installing the selected updates.

I am trying to update my mac macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update, its 2.64Gb but when it downloads to 335.6MB it stops and says an error occurred while installing the selected update.. I want your help to finish with this update

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 2:36 PM

Try this:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before thechime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Now, try updating again: Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 2:36 PM in response to work_123

Try this:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before thechime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Now, try updating again: Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update.

An error occurred while installing the selected updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.