Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iTunes library, iMovie library and Photos library to new MacBook Pro

I’m purchasing a 2019 MacBook Pro and would like to transfer from my 2011 MacBook Pro. I don’t want to use Migration Assistant, because I only want to transfer over the following:

iTunes library, Photos library, iMovie library

What steps do I take to move those libraries from my old computer to the new one?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 5:22 PM

You would need an external drive or even USB flash drive or media card/reader with enough capacity. You need to find out where and then just replace the existing library. This support article shows how to find the standard location on Macs.

Back up and restore your iTunes Library - Apple Support

It might be possible to do it with Target Disk Mode on the old Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2019 5:22 PM in response to mkirk76

You would need an external drive or even USB flash drive or media card/reader with enough capacity. You need to find out where and then just replace the existing library. This support article shows how to find the standard location on Macs.

Back up and restore your iTunes Library - Apple Support

It might be possible to do it with Target Disk Mode on the old Mac.

Transferring iTunes library, iMovie library and Photos library to new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.