Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can albums be sorted alphabetically on an iPad?

Is it possible to sort albums alphabetically on an iPad? I see the option for a Mac; but not for an iPad. Seems like a pretty basic and common function.

Thanks

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:36 AM

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, dragging and dropping photo albums alphabetically every time another album is added is cumbersome and problematic at best. I am very surprised that this basic function is not incorporated in a typical sort option for the iPad.

3 replies

Aug 24, 2019 6:26 AM in response to mmva2017

Are you referring to photo albums?

Manage your albums

If you want to change the name of an album that you've created, go to Albums, then tap See All. Tap Edit, tap the name of the album, and then change the album name. On your Mac, select the album, then type a new name.

To rearrange albums on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Albums, then tap See All next to My Albums. Tap Edit. Then tap and hold an album and drag it where you want it to go. Tap Done when you're finished.

To rearrange albums on your Mac, click My Albums, then drag an album where you want it to go. You can also Control-click My Albums, then choose Sort and choose to sort your albums alphabetically or by date.

Organize and find your photos - Apple Support

Can albums be sorted alphabetically on an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.