sort albums alphabetically?

is it possible to sort albums alphabetically using the iPhone? I don’t need to know how to sort folders within an album, just that albums names, alphabetically.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 9, 2023 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 11:41 PM

The automatic sorting by name is only possible on a Mac, not yet on an iPhone. On the iPhone you have to drag the albums manually into the order you want. While viewing the Albums tab > My Albums, tap edit then touch an album lightly and drag it to the position you want. Repeat until all albums are arranged as you want them.

See: Edit and organize albums on iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 11:41 PM in response to Thiskelly

The automatic sorting by name is only possible on a Mac, not yet on an iPhone. On the iPhone you have to drag the albums manually into the order you want. While viewing the Albums tab > My Albums, tap edit then touch an album lightly and drag it to the position you want. Repeat until all albums are arranged as you want them.

See: Edit and organize albums on iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 17, 2023 10:45 PM in response to léonie

So I was walking between the house and the studio with my daughter, I was looking up photos on my phone to show her, and somehow the albums appeared down the left side of the screen, alphabetically! I showed my daughter, mentioning how I had been asking for this feature for years, and there it was! Well low and behold, that was the last time I saw it! I have not been able to recreate that view. I am thinking I touched some part of the screen or some combination of screen and button inadvertently which brought up this view... I have no idea what it was but would really like to have this view back, it is insane to have to sort our albums manually.

Anyone experienced this or know how it is done, and whether this is a new feature?

Thanks!

sort albums alphabetically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.