Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K : Setup Failed (301024)

" This Apple TV needs to be authorized to join your Home. It will check with a trusted iOS device to proceed."

I used iPhone, signed in with my Apple ID and received this error message: "Setup Failed (301024). Try again later."

Any clues?

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 6:05 PM

If you have never set up the home app before, go inside the app and set it up. That’s what worked for me.

20 replies

Aug 24, 2019 12:15 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Indeed it might be the case: I use 2-factor ID. The question is- how exactly I can resolve this issue if I'm not prompted to "allow" new trusted device? It just asks to 1. Unlock the iPhone; 2. Turn on Bluetooth; 3. Keep it close to the TV 4K. I follow this steps and receive almost instant "error" message. There is no request for the two-factor ID resolution...

PS: 1. I have to mention that I use the latest beta version of tvOS. 2. iTunes home share works flawlessly with my iPhone and Windows PC. It doesn't work with my MacBook Pro though.

Apple TV 4K : Setup Failed (301024)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.