Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new Apple Watch won't pair

my new Apple Watch series 3 keeps saying "pairing failed start over". it say the Apple Watch needs to update, how do I update it without it being paired and set up yet?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 2:54 PM

Make sure both your iPhone and Watch have the latest updates (IOS 12.4 iPhone & OS 5.3 Watch). Next follow these instructions....https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205025 If you need more help click on the "Contact Support" link at the upper right side of this page.

6 replies

Aug 25, 2019 10:47 AM in response to taylormicroni2

Are you updated to the current iOS 12.4 or beta iOS 13? If so, then I believe you are experiencing a new issue that Apple has yet to resolve. There appears to be a glitch in the new iOS which was just released July 22 causing the pairing issue on Series 3 watches which haven’t been updated to the most recent Watch OS. If you can find someone who hasn’t updated their iOS, they should be able to pair the watch. Then update the watch OS. After you update Watch OS, then you sh

new Apple Watch won't pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.