Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I thought the monthly subscriptions allowed you to download music without paying for each individual song?

I thought the monthly subscriptions allowed you to download music without paying for each individual song?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:50 PM

It does. Use the Music app on your iPhone or other iOS device, not the iTunes Store app. See the instructions in Add and download music and video content from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

Also note that even when you have an Apple Music subscription it is also possible for you to purchase music by using the iTunes Store app. Rights to listen to Apple Music only continue while you have an active subscription while the rights to purchased music do not expire.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2019 6:50 PM in response to Cnnoland

It does. Use the Music app on your iPhone or other iOS device, not the iTunes Store app. See the instructions in Add and download music and video content from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

Also note that even when you have an Apple Music subscription it is also possible for you to purchase music by using the iTunes Store app. Rights to listen to Apple Music only continue while you have an active subscription while the rights to purchased music do not expire.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.