Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card: US citizen vs lawful resident

In the apple card request procedure, shall I indicate as being an US citizen in case I am a lawful resident but citizen of a different country?

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 10:03 PM

Don't enter you are a US citizen if you are not one, but if you are a legal resident you can still apply: How to apply for Apple Card - Apple Support

"Be a U.S. citizen or a lawful U.S. resident with a valid, physical U.S. address that is not a P.O. Box."

7 replies

Aug 30, 2019 4:35 PM in response to Luigi A

• The feedback was “We are unable to verify your identification information” both time that I have tried. The difference between the first and the second time was that the second time they asked me to make a photo of my government issued ID, which I have. So having sent them the social number and an US government issued ID, don’t understand why they can’t verify my identity. Weird.

Aug 26, 2019 5:05 PM in response to Luigi A

Luigi that’s what I did... selected my country of origin and input my SSN. the procedure asked to upload an US issued ID and I did it... and then to input my full SSN, which I did as well. After a while the application was rejected. The reason is probably that not being an US citizen they can’t retrieve enough information on my credit score or history. That’s fine... I can survive without this card.

Aug 30, 2019 3:13 PM in response to Cerny_77

That doesn't have to do with citizenship, though. If that were the case, they wouldn't have a pull down menu to select your country of citizenship because the card would be only for US Citizens. No. You were probably declined because you don't have enough credit history. In any case, check your email. Goldman Sachs should have sent you an message telling you the actual reason you were not approved. They are required to do so by law.

Apple Card: US citizen vs lawful resident

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.