Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-1008F

I was reinstalling my Mac after I deleted the hole disc I was opening Aid like usual so I can install macOS again but in the process I got this error on

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 3:50 PM

If this discussion (including the NVRAM & SMC reset) doesn't work, then download High Sierra or Mojave and build a bootable installer on another Mac, and then boot and wipe and use that to install.

6 replies

Sep 12, 2019 7:01 AM in response to hamdanbahbouh

Any help here...

Command (⌘)-R Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

Release the keys when you see the Apple logo, a spinning globe, or a prompt for a firmware password. When you see the Utilities window, you've started up from macOS Recovery.

Sep 12, 2019 6:19 PM in response to hamdanbahbouh

hamdanbahbouh wrote:

please i have same problem
so explain for me what to do

No, you don’t have the same problem. Not unless you (also) weren’t holding the Option-⌘-R option key chord.

Most likely, you have a different problem.

• Please start your own new thread. These mixed threads just get confusing to me and probably others, if (when?) the discussions and the details diverge.
  • Please start your new thread with some details of what you’re trying to do, and some details on why you[re trying this; what issue(s) or problems you’re trying to address.
  • Please identify which Mac, and which year of Mac, if you know that. There are lots of different models using the same name, with different configurations and different macOS support.
  • Please indicate what you’ve tried.
  • Please also indicate what messages or diagnostics were then encountered, when you tried that.

-1008F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.