Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tiny holes in MacBook Retina screen

Hi guys.

I have a 2015 MBP Retina and noticed recently a tiny pinprick-sized hole in the screen that would show up like a little black dot and really annoy me. Aside from this, I also had the infamous issue with the anti-reflective coating peeling off and so I thought I can kill two birds with one stone and get it repaired for free. I got a screen replacement for free because of the coating issue and now only a couple of weeks later there are TWO tiny pinprick-sized holes in the screen after taking meticulous care of the device. There is never any dust on the keyboard, I've only used it indoors, I wipe it after use now as it's got a brand new screen, and even if there was a speck, that should not cause a hole in the screen at all.

I've attached pictures of the two holes as someone here might know about the issue. I have found people with similar issues online and it does appear to be a known issue. I cannot tell from looking at it if the pixels are also dead but that should not happen either. Hope someone can help with some advice, some knowledge, or anything.

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 9:33 AM

kylefromfailsworth wrote:

Hope someone can help with some advice, some knowledge, or anything.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

2 replies

Tiny holes in MacBook Retina screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.