Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud calendar outlook sync is not working anymore calender can not be read

Some days ago I can't access in outlook iCloud calendar and contacts. Outlook shows an error "Calendar can not be read".

I'm using Windows 10 1903 and Outlook Professional Plus 2013 German.

I closed Outlook, disabled in iCloud sync of outlook, confirmed and activated it again. After That Contacts were shown correct, but calendar still is not working. I also disabled and enabled iCloud add in in outlook but it is also not working. I think an update of Outlook or iCloud caused this issue.

Does other users have the same behaviour? Exists a workaround / solution for this bug?

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:53 PM

Hi bedo1976,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand your iCloud calendars don't seem to be syncing with Outlook, and I'm glad to see how I can assist.

It sounds like you've done some excellent troubleshooting so far. This resource, titled Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows, has a few suggestions that may help:

"Make sure that iCloud isn’t your default account in Data Files

When iCloud is set as your default account in Data Files, your data won't sync between your devices. 

1. Select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files. 
  2. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account.
  3. Click Set as Default.

Restart your computer

Turn your computer off and back on."

I hope this helps. Take care.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 2:53 PM in response to bedo1976

Hi bedo1976,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand your iCloud calendars don't seem to be syncing with Outlook, and I'm glad to see how I can assist.

It sounds like you've done some excellent troubleshooting so far. This resource, titled Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows, has a few suggestions that may help:

"Make sure that iCloud isn’t your default account in Data Files

When iCloud is set as your default account in Data Files, your data won't sync between your devices. 

1. Select File > Info > Account Settings > Data Files. 
  2. If iCloud is listed as the default account in the Comments column, select a different account.
  3. Click Set as Default.

Restart your computer

Turn your computer off and back on."

I hope this helps. Take care.

Sep 9, 2019 5:50 AM in response to bedo1976

Hi bedo1976,

Thanks for replying. Based on what's happening, it sounds like reinstalling iCloud for Windows might be helpful: Set up and use iCloud for Windows

"Turn off or uninstall iCloud for Windows

If you turn off a service in iCloud for Windows, your information won't automatically stay up to date in iCloud, and you won't see updates made on your other devices. Follow these steps to turn off a service or iCloud:

• To turn off a service on your PC, Open iCloud for Windows, then select or deselect that service. To save your changes, click Apply. 
  • To turn off iCloud for Windows, open iCloud for Windows, then sign out. 

If you want to uninstall iCloud for Windows, remember to make a copy of your iCloud data and save it on your PC. Then sign out of iCloud for Windows on your PC, and follow these steps:

Windows 8 or later:

1. Go to the Start screen, right-click in the bottom-left corner or click, then select Control Panel.
  2. Click Uninstall a Program.
  3. Click iCloud > Uninstall.
  4. When asked to confirm, select Yes.

Windows 7:

1. Choose Start menu > Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs > Program and Features.
  3. Select iCloud > Uninstall.
  4. Click OK to continue."

Take care.

Sep 19, 2019 9:54 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi

I contacted apple support. Support was not helpfully.

The last suggestion was to try to rebuild the issue on a other windows 10, new outlook, iCloud installation. I did this on dual boot and get the issue, that iCloud was not possible to connect to iCloud server if I selected outlook sync.

It looks like this issue

https://communities.apple.com/de/thread/250341593

-> so i moved the calendar entries to outlook.com account and stopped using iCloud calendar sync on PC

Sep 9, 2019 10:59 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hi, thanks for response

I tryed both - turn off iCloud service and uninstall and install iCloud, but both didn't solved my issue. I get the same error in Outlook.

Uninstall procedure:

1. In outlook I closed iCloud mailbox
  2. I logged off in icloud
  3. Windows add / remove program - uninstalled icloud
  4. downloaded new iCloud and installed it
  5. logged on in icloud
  6. started outlook
  7. contacts of iCloud are available, but calender can't be opened

Sep 8, 2019 4:58 AM in response to brenden dv

Hello

Sorry, for late response. My Issue is still unsolved.

Today I did the following steps on my PC:

Windows 10 1903 - latest patches

Outlook Professional Plus 2013 - latest patches

iCloud 7.13.0.14

I created a NEW test user

Then I started outlook and configured a new pop3 Gmail access

Next I closed outlook

Then I started iCloud and logged in with my iCloud / apple id

I activated outlook sync (email, calender, contact)

I started Outlook again

I selected iCloud in outlook and calendar and I still get the same error.

In my opinion it is a outlook / iCloud sync bug. Has any one an idea or possibility to create a apple support ticket. Otherwise I'll cancle calender in iCloud and move them to a outlook.com account.

icloud calendar outlook sync is not working anymore calender can not be read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.