Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deletion of Text Messages Even Though I have "Keep Forever" Turned On In Settings

Have ios 12.4 on iphone 8. Randomly, different conversations will simply disappear, even though I've set the messages to be kept forever. Is there any way to retrieve the deleted texts and associated pictures? Phone is backing up to the Cloud nightly.

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 6:29 PM

Unless you house your messages in iCloud, they are saved on your iPhone backup.Restore the backup to retrieve the messages.

Perhaps they’re disappearing because your storage is full. Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and be certain your free space is never less than 10% of your iPhone’s total storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2019 6:29 PM in response to Brianrob1

Unless you house your messages in iCloud, they are saved on your iPhone backup.Restore the backup to retrieve the messages.

Perhaps they’re disappearing because your storage is full. Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and be certain your free space is never less than 10% of your iPhone’s total storage.

Deletion of Text Messages Even Though I have "Keep Forever" Turned On In Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.