Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some songs play; others from the same purchase require me to authorize my computer.

I bought an album with 100 songs through the iTunes store and downloaded all 100 songs. Some of them play and others do not - I get a message saying: this computer is not authorized to play (song name). Would you like to authorize it?

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:13 AM

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. From what I can tell, all my recently purchased songs are now playing. I was able to go in and unhide/re-download, not only the ones I deleted, but many others that were hidden. In the process, it created duplicate playlists; however, I will figure that l'll figure that part out on my own. Thank you again for your help. All is well.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 4:13 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. From what I can tell, all my recently purchased songs are now playing. I was able to go in and unhide/re-download, not only the ones I deleted, but many others that were hidden. In the process, it created duplicate playlists; however, I will figure that l'll figure that part out on my own. Thank you again for your help. All is well.

Aug 26, 2019 2:50 AM in response to Niel

I tested your process by deleting two songs from my library. Next I went online and tried downloading the same two songs from the same album, but it wouldn't let me. I did notice two plus marks on the right side of the screen, but they seemed dead and would not do anything when I click on them. So now I don't have the songs in my own library, plus it does not appear I can download them either.

Some songs play; others from the same purchase require me to authorize my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.