Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorisation

I am finding that quite a few of my purchased songs from itunes will not play and I am instructed to authorise my computer. However, when I attempt to do this I am advised that the computer is authorised, but the song still won't play. How can I rectify this please ?. Thank you

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 8:22 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 8:22 AM in response to D3DLN

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Backup and then delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Authorisation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.