Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover a file from trash

I recently deleted a folder from the trash that i need to recover. The file was not saved on my iCloud account. Is there anyway to recover it?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 1:44 AM

Not unless you have captured it on a regular Time Machine backup, and can restore it from a timeframe prior to its journey to the Trash. Once you empty the Trash, the operating system sees those former storage locations previously consumed by the folder and its contents as reusable storage — and will write new content into those locations.

If you were to stop using your Mac, and pay for third-party, file retrieval software, you might be able to recover none, some, or all of that folder content in that order of likelyhood.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 1:44 AM in response to Charpentier-15

Not unless you have captured it on a regular Time Machine backup, and can restore it from a timeframe prior to its journey to the Trash. Once you empty the Trash, the operating system sees those former storage locations previously consumed by the folder and its contents as reusable storage — and will write new content into those locations.

If you were to stop using your Mac, and pay for third-party, file retrieval software, you might be able to recover none, some, or all of that folder content in that order of likelyhood.

Recover a file from trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.