Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect to my hotmail account on my Mac

Can someone advise how you reconnect your hotmail account on a Mac. Keep receiving the message unable to verify account name or password. They have all been updated but still do not work.

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. This might also help: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to follow.

• Temporarily stop using an email account: (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again. Repeat for each email account you use, testing after each one.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Mail Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Create a backup if you haven't done that already. To learn how to use Time Machine please read How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support. That doesn't have anything to do with your Mail difficulties; it just goes without saying that you should have a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 3:25 PM in response to Lar43Gut47

Please read If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support. This might also help: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support.

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to follow.

• Temporarily stop using an email account: (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts > select your email service, and de-select Mail. Wait a moment or two, then select it again. Repeat for each email account you use, testing after each one.
  • If all else fails, temporarily remove that Mail Account from that System Preferences pane, and then add it again.

The last two suggestions are described in greater detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Create a backup if you haven't done that already. To learn how to use Time Machine please read How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support. That doesn't have anything to do with your Mail difficulties; it just goes without saying that you should have a backup.

Can’t connect to my hotmail account on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.