Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sort photos in a shared album by date taken?

We created a shared album for a wedding. How do I sort all the pictures submitted by date/time taken so the album makes chronological sense>

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 7:25 AM

Shared albums are not really albums but streams of photos. The photos in a shared album are always in the order you add them to the shared album, so the recipients will find the most recently photos quickly at the end of the album.

If you want a shared album to be sorted in a special order, you have to add the photos one-by-one, in exactly the order you want them to appear. Create a standard album, sort it by the date, then add the photos from the sorted album to shared album, but one photo at a time, or the photos may get rearranged, if you add several photos at once.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 7:25 AM in response to mggpatt

Shared albums are not really albums but streams of photos. The photos in a shared album are always in the order you add them to the shared album, so the recipients will find the most recently photos quickly at the end of the album.

If you want a shared album to be sorted in a special order, you have to add the photos one-by-one, in exactly the order you want them to appear. Create a standard album, sort it by the date, then add the photos from the sorted album to shared album, but one photo at a time, or the photos may get rearranged, if you add several photos at once.

How do I sort photos in a shared album by date taken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.