Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I sort photos in a shared album

I am uploading photos to a shared album. Some are missing. How do I sort the photos in the shared album by date taken so I can identify the days missing? Thank you

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 4:09 PM

You can't. A Shared Album is a stream of photos, and the photos are always sorted by the date you add them, so the subscribers will find the new photos you add easily in one place at the end of the album. The shared albums are meant to be used as a communication channel, where you occasionally drop a new photo, someone comments on them, likes them, then replies by adding another new photo, and you reply by adding more new photos. If we could sort shared albums, the conversations in the comments would get out of context.

If you want to use the shared albums as a web gallery, you have to sort the photos before you add them. Then add them in exact the order you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 4:09 PM in response to fapilot1

You can't. A Shared Album is a stream of photos, and the photos are always sorted by the date you add them, so the subscribers will find the new photos you add easily in one place at the end of the album. The shared albums are meant to be used as a communication channel, where you occasionally drop a new photo, someone comments on them, likes them, then replies by adding another new photo, and you reply by adding more new photos. If we could sort shared albums, the conversations in the comments would get out of context.

If you want to use the shared albums as a web gallery, you have to sort the photos before you add them. Then add them in exact the order you want.

how do I sort photos in a shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.