Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting pictures in Shared Albums in Photos

How do I sort pictures/wideos in Shared Albums in Photos?

In my present case I just want to sort by date.

I have changed the date in the All Photos, but this do not have effect on the sequence in the Album.

I thought that all adjustments or changes in the All Photos would have effect in the Album, but this seems not be the case?

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 4:45 PM

Shared Albums are not full-fledged albums. They are really just streams of photos (and were in fact originally named Shared Streams), and they can only be viewed in the order the items were added to them.

You will have to start with a fresh, empty shared album and add the pictures and videos in the order you want them to appear.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 4:45 PM in response to efriend7

Shared Albums are not full-fledged albums. They are really just streams of photos (and were in fact originally named Shared Streams), and they can only be viewed in the order the items were added to them.

You will have to start with a fresh, empty shared album and add the pictures and videos in the order you want them to appear.

Sorting pictures in Shared Albums in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.