Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi connectivity

Has anyone else recently (in the past day or so) has trouble connecting either a iPhone or a Mac to their WiFi connection? The Mac is saying it has a self-assigned IP address, and won’t connect I have tried every solution given on forums yet still won’t work, and same with the iPhone. Have apple released an updated recently where it won’t allow devices to connect to WiFi? I can connect using a ethernet cable to the Mac but this isn’t helpful when the computer is in a different room. Anyone got any suggestions? I have other non Apple devices that have connected successfully to my WiFi so I know it’s not the internet, so has to be an issue with Apple.

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 9:34 AM

All sorted, I had to split the SSID on my router settings, needed to have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz split in order for Apple devices to work on my BT broadband

3 replies

WiFi connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.