Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bulging battery on series 1 watch

Anybody else getting the brush off from Apple support about the known battery issue with the series 1 watch? The battery bulges and pops off the face plate. They claim they will take care of it since it's a known defect, but I've been through 3 chat sessions, there's no hope to get a phone call from them, and you can sit on hold for a day with no pick up. I've been a loyal apple person for years for all their products, but they are slipping to me right now.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:22 PM

5 replies

Aug 27, 2019 10:53 AM in response to pandra97

I have the same problem battery has bulged and caused the face to come off. Took it to apple shop to be told yes it’s a major problem apple has but unfortunately we can’t repair it but we can give you a refurbished watch for £75.

This watch cost me£600 and now am being told after 3 years it’s useless and now needs to be binned. I think a big company like apple should be coming to the table and replacing or repairing watch after all if you spend that amount on a watch you would think if apple is as good as they say it should last longer than 3 years.

I am am really annoyed tonight we have 7 different apple products in our household and by the look of things there won’t be anymore

shocking customer service tonight.

Regards

Gordon

Aug 28, 2019 6:07 AM in response to Ewansmom0823

All lithium ion batteries can swell as they age. That's batteries in watches, phones, laptops. It is simply a function of the technology.

Apparently, Apple believed that the batteries in the original Apple Watch were at risk of swelling sooner than they would have anticipated, so, they extended the warranty on them for an additional two years. If however, your watch is more than three years old, you are no longer covered.

Bulging battery on series 1 watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.