Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Manager/Setting trackpad options missing in Window 10

Problem:

I am trying to gain the ability to scroll and right-click with the Magic Trackpad 2 in Windows 10.

I found this Apple support post about setting trackpad options: Set trackpad options in Windows with Boot Camp on Mac - Apple Support.

In the post, it claims that I should be able to click a "Boot Camp icon" in the task bar while running Windows. That icon unfortunately is not present to me in Windows.

I tried looking for a solution and happened upon this article about how to resolve the issue: https://www.intowindows.com/fix-boot-camp-icon-is-missing-from-taskbar-system-tray/

I tried employing Methods 1 & 2 but could not find Boot Camp Manager in the Notification Area or Task Manager.

Any idea of how I can get Boot Camp Manager on Windows so I can then get the trackpad to function properly? Thanks

Additional Details:

Model: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

Mac OS: MacOs Mojave, Version 10.14.6

Windows OS: Windows Pro 1809 x64

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 7:44 PM

georgee259 wrote:

Are Bootcamp drivers installed in Windows? I'm not sure. How do I check?

You can check Program and Features for any installed Apple drivers. You can also check for any unknown devices in Windows Device Manager.

Also, is it expected that I should have to manually install these drivers on Windows? I would assume not. I thought that Boot Camp Assistant would take care of everything.

Typically, they should be installed automatically. If they are not, Download and install Windows support software on your Mac - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 7:44 PM in response to georgee259

georgee259 wrote:

Are Bootcamp drivers installed in Windows? I'm not sure. How do I check?

You can check Program and Features for any installed Apple drivers. You can also check for any unknown devices in Windows Device Manager.

Also, is it expected that I should have to manually install these drivers on Windows? I would assume not. I thought that Boot Camp Assistant would take care of everything.

Typically, they should be installed automatically. If they are not, Download and install Windows support software on your Mac - Apple Support.

Boot Camp Manager/Setting trackpad options missing in Window 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.