Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scratches on my Iphone XR

Hello, I got my Iphone 10 days ago. I haven’t used it without a case and it’s sides are scrached. I haven’t dropped it or hit it, the scratches don’t seem to be deep, but it’s still bad. Is there a way to fix it?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 7:48 AM

Might it be possible that the case cause these scratches? Regardless, there really isn't anything that can be done to "repair" them as Apple only recommends using a soft cloth to wipe your phone with ... which may, or may not, help to remove them.

... and, unfortunately, Apple's 1-year warranty does not cover cosmetic blemishes or damage caused by using a third party product, like the case you are using.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 7:48 AM in response to karinadqkova

Might it be possible that the case cause these scratches? Regardless, there really isn't anything that can be done to "repair" them as Apple only recommends using a soft cloth to wipe your phone with ... which may, or may not, help to remove them.

... and, unfortunately, Apple's 1-year warranty does not cover cosmetic blemishes or damage caused by using a third party product, like the case you are using.

Scratches on my Iphone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.