Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone has several malfunctions

Recently my phone stopped working, before it stopped my dad had accidentally jarred the charging cable that was plugged into my phone, off the table, causing it to slam to the ground, but it didn't crack. I thought nothing was wrong, until later it had died, so i plugged it in. When it was turning on, it would get stuck for almost 5-10 minutes on the apple turning on screen. Then it flashed black, and back to the loading screen, but after the black flash it turned on. It was like this every time it would boot up. Next thing i noticed is that my phone would not even detect a mic. Whenever i'd summon Siri, it wouldn't let me hit the colorful button to start speaking. I also could not start a call/face time call. I could accept an incoming call, but the screen would be black on the receiving end. The last thing I noticed is that whenever i plug headphones in it would act as if i didn't plug anything in. The sound would still be playing through the speakers... if i used wireless earbuds i couldn't move them more than a foot away from my phone or it would break up like crazy. I can't connect to any near-by wifi but i can connect to wifis that are more than 10-15 yards away.. The battery also dies pretty fast but i don't know if it has any thing to do with this.. Moral of the story, I think my phone is internally broken. Is there any solution to this? If it is fixible at home via factory restart ect.. please let me know. And if not, what's wrong with it and where i should get it fixed. (Probably at Apple but I'd like to be sure.) Thank you!

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 11:41 AM

I'm not sure that it couldn't be fixed but the repair costs are probably more than the device is worth.

Your call now.

Similar questions

4 replies

Phone has several malfunctions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.