Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 8 Plus full blown went the opposite of smartphone.

I'm going to keep this as structured and detailed as I can so it can be handled professionally while trying to keep my composure to how bogus this whole situation since I'm on lockdown without a job for a new phone or repairs nor do I have any apple stores to go to since I live in The Bahamas .

Just in case I'll summarize ( Random Boot Loop multiple times -> updated IOS 13.6 -> Volume button or volume slider doesn't adjust sound-> No Sound at all on device -> Can't make or receive calls unless airpods are in-> Home button works but has no feeling of vibration/clicking -> If I try to voicenote it legit just stops the whole process. Probably will go into another boot loop if I allow it to power off again ....

Last night around the time of 10 pm my phone was on a video call and I went into the kitchen only to come back and see it's in what the community calls a boot loop. I was able to get my phone out of the boot loop 3 times which took me having to update to IOS 13.6. I woke up and the update was completed and the phone was out of the boot loop. Now here's the other bogus thing what transpired, the phone is completely useless. The volume buttons don't adjust anything unless my airpods are in. Even when I pull up the screen I can slide to adjust brightness but when I try to slide to adjust sound it legit just moves the screen up as if I were swiping up. I cannot make or receive calls. It'll literally say call failed as I try to answer a call. It can only make a call unless my airpods are in. When I take the airpods out during call it doesn't even give me an option to go into speaker mode. My home button doesn't click. It can read the fingerprint very well and carry me to home screen but it doesn't click or vibrate as you say. It's feels as if the phone is completely powered down. There you have it in the matter of hours my phone just turned into an unsmartphone

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 3:31 PM

You can use a Mac or PC to updste to 13.6.1

However you may have a hardware problem

First try a forced restart

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

The next step would be to restore your device, and setup the device without restoring a backup, to see if the issue is replicated. I would first make sure you have a backup so your data is saved.

Here is a guide for those steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

and see how it goes

If no improvement send it for repair or replace

If it works well restore from backup but be prepared to wipe again without restore from backup. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 3:31 PM in response to Oconner Rolle

You can use a Mac or PC to updste to 13.6.1

However you may have a hardware problem

First try a forced restart

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

The next step would be to restore your device, and setup the device without restoring a backup, to see if the issue is replicated. I would first make sure you have a backup so your data is saved.

Here is a guide for those steps:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

and see how it goes

If no improvement send it for repair or replace

If it works well restore from backup but be prepared to wipe again without restore from backup. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Aug 17, 2020 3:04 AM in response to Oconner Rolle

Oconner Rolle wrote: "...It's feels as if the phone is completely powered down."

"...The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user." [Source: Apple]

If the battery of your iPhone 8 Plus is the original one, it quite likely needs replacement – see Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Aug 16, 2020 8:11 PM in response to LD150

Really it can’t be a hardware problem, seriously this bootloop issue started with IOS 13. I depend on my iPhone at the Hospital and there is no way I did anything to cause a Hardware problem. I did the update before IOS 13.6.1 and then the random bootloop started. I’m not in the market for a new iPhone as I have over 100gb is hard rice space still available and until this update it was working perfectly! Apple needs to fix these issues and send out another update. If Steve Jobs was here he would be ******!

IPhone 8 Plus full blown went the opposite of smartphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.