Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my login background?

I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and when I restart my computer it has the default Mojave background but when I log in, the background is the one I chose. Is it possible to permanently change the background to the same image at all times, even after rebooting? I tried to find similar questions on forums but the answers are all different and confusing. Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:51 PM

Changing the login background picture is not easily done. There are numerous suggestions as you have discovered but no actual procedure that works every time. It usually involves renaming a file in a protected system folder. Apple has not officially provided an option to change this picture. Your best bet would be to send Apple feedback requesting such a feature.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 4:51 PM in response to 1234caulfield

Changing the login background picture is not easily done. There are numerous suggestions as you have discovered but no actual procedure that works every time. It usually involves renaming a file in a protected system folder. Apple has not officially provided an option to change this picture. Your best bet would be to send Apple feedback requesting such a feature.

How do I change my login background?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.