Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems signing into iCloud drive on macbook pro

I am stuck in loop. Trying to sign into iCloud in my internet accounts on my MacBook Pro, High Sierra. It keeps asking for my Apple ID and password over and over and I can not sign in.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 4:27 PM

Thanks for your reply Joseph_S.

All of the answers to your questions are yes. I tried everything short of completely wiping the disk and starting fresh. I was able to fix my problem by removing the files in my keychain folder to a folder on my desktop. After restarting, I was able to create the iCloud account in my Internet Accounts. Something was corrupt in Keychains and removing those files solved it.

Hope this helps anyone else who finds themselves in this predicament.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 4:27 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Thanks for your reply Joseph_S.

All of the answers to your questions are yes. I tried everything short of completely wiping the disk and starting fresh. I was able to fix my problem by removing the files in my keychain folder to a folder on my desktop. After restarting, I was able to create the iCloud account in my Internet Accounts. Something was corrupt in Keychains and removing those files solved it.

Hope this helps anyone else who finds themselves in this predicament.

Aug 28, 2019 2:50 PM in response to jgwicks

Hello jgwicks and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The most common reason for this kind of sign-in loop is an issue with the connection. Does this happen on more than one known-good Wi-Fi network? Are you able to physically connect to your router via Ethernet and try that way? Are you able to sign in at appleid.apple.com?

Cheers.

Problems signing into iCloud drive on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.