Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having activation issues please help me

I'm having a problem with my iPhone 6 i reset my iphone6 on 15th of August 2019 and till now I can't able to activate it by using WiFi and itunes too it shows an error of server permanently unavailable right now. Please help me I am in problem please help

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 4:28 AM

Hey! Thanks for contacting apple communities!

I have found some steps that I hope help you to activate your iPhone!

1. Check the list on the System Status page. If the box by iOS Device Activation isn't green, try to activate your iPhone later.
  2. If asked to enter your password as you activate your iPhone, enter the password. (A password prompt means that Activation Lock might be enabled in Find My iPhone.)
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. If you're using a cellular data connection, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network instead. 

If you still can't activate, here's how to activate your iPhone through iTunes instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. Open iTunes on your computer. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer.
  4. Wait while iTunes detects and activates your iPhone: 
    • If iTunes shows, "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means that iTunes activated your iPhone. 
    • If an error in iTunes says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

I have linked this website for you to look at (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201407)

I hope that this if the information that you were looking for! Make sure to contact me back if this helps you to active your phone! You can contact me back via Apple Communities!

Have a great day! Jack

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2019 4:28 AM in response to jaspreet7

Hey! Thanks for contacting apple communities!

I have found some steps that I hope help you to activate your iPhone!

1. Check the list on the System Status page. If the box by iOS Device Activation isn't green, try to activate your iPhone later.
  2. If asked to enter your password as you activate your iPhone, enter the password. (A password prompt means that Activation Lock might be enabled in Find My iPhone.)
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. If you're using a cellular data connection, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network instead. 

If you still can't activate, here's how to activate your iPhone through iTunes instead:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check that your computer has an Internet connection.
  3. Open iTunes on your computer. With the cable that came with your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer.
  4. Wait while iTunes detects and activates your iPhone: 
    • If iTunes shows, "Set up as New" or "Restore from Backup," it means that iTunes activated your iPhone. 
    • If an error in iTunes says that the SIM card isn't compatible, contact your carrier.

I have linked this website for you to look at (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201407)

I hope that this if the information that you were looking for! Make sure to contact me back if this helps you to active your phone! You can contact me back via Apple Communities!

Have a great day! Jack

Having activation issues please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.