Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to get rid of the red number icon on the corner of the phone app icon without calling the number back?

Is there a way to get rid of the red number icon on the corner of the phone app icon without calling the number back?

I’ve tried opening the call info, sliding up or down on the opened call info, closing the phone app with the call info opened for 10-30 seconds, tapping the message icon on the opened call (but canceling the message), shutting my phone down completely which worked until recently but red number was still there when I restarted my phone—and that is simply too much to get rid of the annoying red number anyway. I think Apple should fix this with a software update because it used to disappear after opening the call information.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 7:22 AM

Yes. Just tap the "Missed" tab and then switch to "All".

It should go away.

12 replies

Nov 20, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Cokie01

I have the same problem, it started with the last update (iPhone 8, version 13.1.3). It only seems to happen if I actively decline the call, either with the sleep/wake button or the decline option on my watch, not if I just fail to answer. Today I got a call, the ID came up Spam Risk (who’s going to answer that?), I declined it. They actually stayed on the line long enough trigger a voice mail. I have since listened to the voice mail, deleted it, toggled between missed and all on the Recents tab, and deleted the call from the list. There’s still a red 1 on my home screen. So annoying.

Nov 28, 2019 2:28 PM in response to sergekills

That used to work but it doesn't work as so many others are pointing out. I have even reset my network settings. It's getting frustrating the lack of testing of functionality on a phone apple is doing. Something tells me they have outsourced their QA to somewhere outside the USA. It's actually pretty important to know if you have a missed call or not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.