Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad locked with not existing apple id

Hi, my iPad was somehow locked while being used and it tells me to log in with apple id connected to its icloud account. this account is already removed. how can i fix it?

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 2:15 AM

If you have proof of purchase (its original receipt) you could see if Support can help you remove the account from it, try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting Support online : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww (click on your country's flag ; click on Contact Support towards the top right ; click on Get Help under 'Talk To Us’).

But they might not be able to do anything :

After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 2:15 AM in response to -_Mike_-

If you have proof of purchase (its original receipt) you could see if Support can help you remove the account from it, try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting Support online : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww (click on your country's flag ; click on Contact Support towards the top right ; click on Get Help under 'Talk To Us’).

But they might not be able to do anything :

After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

Aug 29, 2019 2:00 AM in response to lobsterghost1

No, I’ve bought it new and I was using it all the time but it was signed in to an old apple id which I’ve deleted but forgot about this sign in. It has notified every day to insert password but I’ve always clicked on “later” or something until one day it just restarted and since then I have the “activation lock” screen. I know the password but since that id isn’t working anymore, i can’t bypass it.

iPad locked with not existing apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.