Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync with iTunes since iOS 12.4

I have an iPhone 10Xs with firmware 12.4.1 (latest). I have Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 with the itunes version 12.9.6.3

Since last week, I have not been able to sync with itunes (last successful sync was Aug 12). iTunes recognizes the phone and when pressing sync button, it verifies what tracks it needs to sync and immediately finishes. The new tracks that are supposed to sync are stuck in “queue” with a dotted circle to the left. I see this when viewing the music on the device…

I tried everything you can possibly imagine to resolve this problem. Tried a different factory-default phone, different windows 10 with same update release and earlier release, uninstall & re-install itunes, reset the library, updated all drivers, disabled iCloud music library on the phone and itunes... tried various suggestions found on internet. I’ve exhausted all options.

When the problem started I was using a slightly older version of Itunes and it was not working either, so I know the problem is not the latest version of itunes. I narowed it down to iOS 12.4

Anyone else has this problem? And is there a solution?

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 7:37 PM

Update... The problem got resolved. A Realtek USB driver updated overnight and magically music are syncing again. Thank you for reading.

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot sync with iTunes since iOS 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.