Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library

The iCloud Music Library makes it SO difficult to copy songs from my home computer onto my phone that it makes us want to SCREAM. Apparently the only solution is to turn iCML OFF on the phone, in order to copy songs from my local MacOS to the iPhone X.

This is absolutely infuriating and makes us seriously question the value of using iCML.

By the way, the music I'm trying to copy to my phone is My Recorded Music! I wrote, produced and recorded it. Apple has NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER to try to get in the way of where I can listen to my own compositions.

This appears to to be a design decision. It's the way iCML is intended to work.

My questions to Apple:

1.) Who designed iCML and when will you FIRE that person?

2.) When will you fix this?

I've been using Apple products for nearly 40 years. Think Apple IIe... Mac SE30... Dudes. I'm your biggest fan. I worked at Apple during the lean years. I helped you write a Windows simulator that was more stable than Windows Native was at the time.

I'll keep buying your products because they are more stable and usable than your competitors... for now. But my patience is not boundless. You are losing your way...

Please answer my questions thoughtfully.

dan

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 9:05 PM

Watch the GIF

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 28, 2019 9:15 PM in response to SravanKrA

Hi SravanKrA -

Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate your effort. Maybe others have also asked about this... or did you make this gif in the 2 minutes from when my questions were posted?

I fully understand your instructions and they do work. But what you're demonstrating is exactly the problem I'm asking about. Your engineering groups took a 3-step process: Attach your 1. iPhone 2. Open iTunes and 3. Drag the desired song/lib to the target phone... You took an obvious use case and turned it into an opaque sequence of steps complex enough that you need to make a gif to show it. Either that or we have to turn off iCML.

So my questions still stand. When are you going to fix this?

Again, I do appreciate your quick response. I know this isn't something you own. But this feedback needs to get back to the owning group. Whomever was in charge of allowing this feature to be implemented like this needs to get out of the business. Seriously!

dan

Aug 28, 2019 9:22 PM in response to k9lin

First, SravanKrA (and I) do not work for Apple, pretty much no one here does -- we're all just users helping each other out.

Second, you're not understanding iCloud Music Library -- there is no "sync" process as you're used to. Turn on iCloud Music Library in iTunes (Preferences/ General/ iCloud Music Library) and your devices, then simply add any song to your iTunes library and it will automagically appear on your device(s). You do NOT cable your device to your computer, no need to (unless you like to make local backups).

The beauty of this is it is way simpler than what you described. If you want to make any changes (ratings, new playlists, removing songs, etc.) you can do that on your device or your iTunes library, and it all syncs up w/o cables ... so, even easier than what you're used to.

iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.