Apple Music problem to display Metadatas (Artists, Album etc...) on MacOS Catalina (10.15)

Hi all,

I've buy some songs on a 3rd party store, but official (Qobuz), and the metadatas of the files are not showing up in Apple Music (1.0.6.10).

I've tried to change metadatas with a dedicated tool (Yate) but no result. The problem seems inside Apple Music because even the Finder is able to show them :

Any ideas to have a working Apple Music app ? Because without that it's also impossible to transfert these musics to my iPhone.

My setup :

MacBookPro9,1 (Macbook Pro 15" mid 2012)

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2026)

Apple Music (1.0.6.10)

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 9:22 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Aug 15, 2023 6:30 AM in response to turingtest2

I've sent you an example by email.

I think I've found a trail around the metadata inside the file. I've compared with an Hexadecimal tool (Hex Fiend) a file I've acquired on the same store in 2020 who's working well and my example :

So it confirm 2 things :

1. Metadata are well in the file
  2. Metadata format had changed (and probably the root cause)

Aug 14, 2023 10:39 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi ! Thx for the try but it's not resolving my case.

I've checked the rights and everything is fine :

It's not MP3 files but I've tried and can edit the tag in Apple Music without problem (add an artist on these files)

No iCloud Music activated.

Is it possible it's a bug for this old version who were fixed on more recent version ? (and I cannot access because attached to a newer version of MacOS where my MBP is not eligible)

Aug 15, 2023 7:16 AM in response to SnoiDyo

SnoiDyo wrote:

If I enter manually the informations with Apple Music they stay in it no problem around that.

I just want to avoid to manually put the information of my thirty new songs when it’s present inside the file 😅

In which case, as long as the tracks are in a sensible layout, you might find my TagFromFilename Apple Script useful. Note that it doesn't currently expect the short named "1" and "2" disc folders that it seems you might have, so you might want to move those deeper files up one level first, or I could add a feature that checks for those and uses them as disc numbers when they are not present at the start of the filename.

I'm at work right now so I may not get a chance to look at your email until later.

tt2

Aug 23, 2023 2:14 PM in response to SnoiDyo

Quick update, I just had a return from the support of the 3rd party store (Qobuz). They said they had found something around the ALAC they deliver and will push an update to their delivery tool soon.

I will update this topic when everything is okay but still strange this difference between Finder and Music for the same file.

Apple Music problem to display Metadatas (Artists, Album etc...) on MacOS Catalina (10.15)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.