Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam email??

I have received 2 emails from apple(tick)

saying Apple account has been locked (8/28/2019 12:18:00 AM) / please verifiy to unlock.

i stupidly clicked on the link to verify my id and put in my credit card number and security number but then when they asked for my account number and sort code I stopped!

Also the email was in my junk mail. Have I been scammed?

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 1:41 AM

Yes, they were phishing emails - Apple doesn't send emails saying that accounts have been locked (except as replies), and iTunes knows your name etc. If you entered your card number get it cancelled and replaced, and change the account's password if you entered it.

You could forward the emails to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete them.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 1:41 AM in response to Biscuitsx

Yes, they were phishing emails - Apple doesn't send emails saying that accounts have been locked (except as replies), and iTunes knows your name etc. If you entered your card number get it cancelled and replaced, and change the account's password if you entered it.

You could forward the emails to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete them.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Scam email??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.