Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optical Board

Good Morning Everyone.

My phone shut down yesterday and I´m speaking from Brazil.

I´d like to know the procedures to replace the phone. I bought it in United States and then tried to get local assistante on Apple Brazil.

They already found the solution which was the Optical Board.

I´d like to know how it works to receive another one that comes from United States. I have a relative living there, but my fear it is to be taxed by immigration even if it is an exchange and replaces it whith a new one.

Apple usually send any letters explaining the reason to liberate the possibility?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Leonardo Teles.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 6:48 AM

LeonardoBrasil wrote:

I´d like to know the procedures to replace the phone. I bought it in United States and then tried to get local assistante on Apple Brazil.

You don't.

You will have to physically take the phone back to the US or send it to someone you know there and have them take it to Apple for service.

1 reply

Optical Board

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.