Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT REMOVE PODCASTS I NO LONGER WANT TO SUBSCRIBE

I already tried to follow the Itunes help section for removing podcasts off my Itunes account on my computer. I never had this kind of problem before. If and when I'm finished listening to a podcast, I could unsubscribe it and remove it from my library. Now, I can't. Need advance help on this.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2019 7:34 AM

Hello miraven,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the podcast is unsubscribed but is not being removed from the iTunes Library on your Windows PC. I'd be happy to help.

Here are some suggestions:

• Verify the podcast has been unsubscribed from the steps in this link under "How do I unsubscribe from a podcast?": iTunes - Podcasts - FAQs: For Podcast Fans - Apple
  • If it is unsubscribed, navigate to the podcast in your library by highlighting it under Library > Podcasts in iTunes. On the right-hand pane where it lists the podcast information and episodes, right-click then select 'Delete from Library.' The podcast might not be removed yet. If it isn't, right-click on the pane to select 'Delete from Library' again.

Thanks and have a great day.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2019 7:34 AM in response to miraven

Hello miraven,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the podcast is unsubscribed but is not being removed from the iTunes Library on your Windows PC. I'd be happy to help.

Here are some suggestions:

• Verify the podcast has been unsubscribed from the steps in this link under "How do I unsubscribe from a podcast?": iTunes - Podcasts - FAQs: For Podcast Fans - Apple
  • If it is unsubscribed, navigate to the podcast in your library by highlighting it under Library > Podcasts in iTunes. On the right-hand pane where it lists the podcast information and episodes, right-click then select 'Delete from Library.' The podcast might not be removed yet. If it isn't, right-click on the pane to select 'Delete from Library' again.

Thanks and have a great day.

Aug 30, 2019 8:37 AM in response to miraven

miraven,

Thanks for the additional information about the issues with podcasts on iTunes. You've done a great additional step already.

• Verify all the updates for your Windows PC are also completed and restart it if necessary.
  • Check any other devices you use with Podcasts to ensure the podcast is not subscribed on those platforms (iPhones, iPads, other Macs, etc.). If you need to, go to Edit > Preferences > Store in iTunes then deselect 'Sync podcast subscriptions and settings.'

If you still have issues, reach out to the Apple Support team here: Contact Apple Support

Have a great weekend.

Aug 30, 2019 8:10 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi, Starr.C,

I did do all of what you have suggested, but still cannot remove those unsubscribed podcasts from my library. It still is unsubscribed now, but is still downloading new episodes. I have to remove downloads, remove from library each of every time.

I suspect that the latest update to Itunes could have caused the problem. However, I removed Itunes for Windows and re-installed it and still am having the same problems. The same unsubscribed podcasts show up in my library.

I already need some advice to this problem.

Aug 30, 2019 8:17 AM in response to miraven

Try using View > View As > Classic List. Expand the podcast with the grey triangle if needed. Select all of the episodes and the podcast entry at the top. Delete with the delete key. Alternatively try right-click Delete from Library. They ought to do the same thing but recently builds have seen the right-click > delete episode command delete the entire series instead. If you're still not able to delete the podcast try the script KillSelectedFiles.

tt2

CANNOT REMOVE PODCASTS I NO LONGER WANT TO SUBSCRIBE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.