Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts in iTunes

I no longer want a podcast that is in my Podcast Library. I have unsubscribed from the podcast and I no longer get new episodes, which is fine. However, I cannot seem to delete the podcast from my library. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 12:35 PM

There appears to be a problem when deleting Podcasts from iTunes.

The procedure should be as follows:

When in your Podcasts' Library, select the Podcast header (the programme title, not just an episode) and either:

• right-click the Podcast and select Delete from Library and confirm
  • click on Podcast (top menu bar) and then on Delete from Library and confirm

However, when I tried this just now, while the episodes were deleted, the header was not. Also, the episode folder was not deleted from my computer. So that's a bug, which I have submitted feedback for, just now.

In the meantime, to actually delete the programme and its episodes from your computer, you will need to do so in Windows file manager.

To delete the files themselves, look in the iTunes folder where everything is stored (probably your Music folder, in which will be an iTunes sub-folder and then an iTunes music sub-folder) for a folder named Podcasts. Use the Windows search feature if you have difficulty finding the folder. In the Podcasts folder you will find a sub-folder for each Podcast programme (show). That's the one to delete - but - make sure it is the correct folder and correct programme. You may have similarly named shows. You may also have two Podcast folders, as I do. I have one in my main iTunes/iTunes Music folder and another in an iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries folder.

As for the entry in your iTunes Library, we'll just have to wait until Apple fix it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 12:35 PM in response to Swansea

There appears to be a problem when deleting Podcasts from iTunes.

The procedure should be as follows:

When in your Podcasts' Library, select the Podcast header (the programme title, not just an episode) and either:

• right-click the Podcast and select Delete from Library and confirm
  • click on Podcast (top menu bar) and then on Delete from Library and confirm

However, when I tried this just now, while the episodes were deleted, the header was not. Also, the episode folder was not deleted from my computer. So that's a bug, which I have submitted feedback for, just now.

In the meantime, to actually delete the programme and its episodes from your computer, you will need to do so in Windows file manager.

To delete the files themselves, look in the iTunes folder where everything is stored (probably your Music folder, in which will be an iTunes sub-folder and then an iTunes music sub-folder) for a folder named Podcasts. Use the Windows search feature if you have difficulty finding the folder. In the Podcasts folder you will find a sub-folder for each Podcast programme (show). That's the one to delete - but - make sure it is the correct folder and correct programme. You may have similarly named shows. You may also have two Podcast folders, as I do. I have one in my main iTunes/iTunes Music folder and another in an iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries folder.

As for the entry in your iTunes Library, we'll just have to wait until Apple fix it.

Podcasts in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.