Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14.5 podcast delete from library

The podcast app in iOS 14.5 has me flummoxed. How do I delete podcasts from the app library?

I do not wish to inadvertently download episodes. I could formerly just delete episodes to prevent unintentional downloading. Apple has added the "feature" of removing that capability of deleting individual episodes.

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 5:04 AM

Apple Podcasts is one of the apps I use regularly. However, it constantly keeps on hogging the space on the iPhone. Unfortunately, some of the shows I follow, they automatically download including the played episodes even from 2018 and 2019 despite of cleaning up every 3-4 months. Its very frustrating. I wish there was a way to mass delete episodes. The newest release of iOS has made it even more complex. Previously, I had to do to the "downloads" section and swipe left. Now I have to do than and also click on a warning that the downloaded episode may not be able to be re-downloaded. So, it was painful to begin with, now it is even more painful. All I am requesting is for the ability to mass delete without too much pain.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 5:04 AM in response to cmasenas

Apple Podcasts is one of the apps I use regularly. However, it constantly keeps on hogging the space on the iPhone. Unfortunately, some of the shows I follow, they automatically download including the played episodes even from 2018 and 2019 despite of cleaning up every 3-4 months. Its very frustrating. I wish there was a way to mass delete episodes. The newest release of iOS has made it even more complex. Previously, I had to do to the "downloads" section and swipe left. Now I have to do than and also click on a warning that the downloaded episode may not be able to be re-downloaded. So, it was painful to begin with, now it is even more painful. All I am requesting is for the ability to mass delete without too much pain.

May 10, 2021 4:50 AM in response to Ashishshahs18

I have the same problem and it’s driving me mad! Constantly having to delete episodes from years ago that I chose not to listen to years ago and not a way to mass delete(Apple - take a look a the “Pocket Casts” App that’s how to do a podcast App!)

Its also infuriating having to click out of the Shows list and go to Downloads to listen offline, before this “upgrade” there was no need to do this. And why when I have several episodes in a show in down loads does it not automatically play the next downloaded episode in that show.? Clicking or unclicking Continuous playback in podcast settings does not seem to make any difference? Every podcast upgrade makes the app harder to use!

ios 14.5 podcast delete from library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.