Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad photos help with iCloud

I want to delete the photos on my iPad, they are linked to my iTunes account (I did turn off iCloud photo sharing on both my phone and iPad)

however the photos did not delete, it’s an old iPad the 10K photos are dragging it down. When I attempt to delete them it states the following message (see attached photo”

does this mean I will lose all those same photos on my phone! Or will they remain on my phone and back up to iCloud on their own??

Please help!

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 12:43 PM

Are you sure you have turned off iCloud syncing? If you delete them and iCloud syncing is off, they shouldn't delete from iCloud and the phone. If they do, check for a Recently Deleted album in the Photos app. Based on the message, you might want to delete one as a test before deleting all the photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 12:43 PM in response to cary82

Are you sure you have turned off iCloud syncing? If you delete them and iCloud syncing is off, they shouldn't delete from iCloud and the phone. If they do, check for a Recently Deleted album in the Photos app. Based on the message, you might want to delete one as a test before deleting all the photos.

iPad photos help with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.