Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export as image with link still working?

I've created a graphic within Keynote that has an embedded text link but when I export it as an image, the link is no longer clickable. I'm looking to use this in an email and don't want to have to include a separate link that's not part of the graphic. Any tips?

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 10:00 AM

• The image files that are exported from Keynote (jpeg, TIFF and PNG) do not have the ability to contain hyperlinks
  • Hyperlinks are created in an invisible layer above each of the objects in Keynote, the hyperlink remains inside keynote and can't be exported as jpeg, TIFF or PNG image files
  • You could export your graphic a PDF file with does retain the hyperlink, however this shows as a file icon not a full image in Mail, it would need to be double clicked by the recipient to view but it doedhyperlink correctly
  • Templates were a useful feature in Apple mail until recently and links to other content was possible. For reasons unknown, Apple removed this feature

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2019 10:00 AM in response to jennafrombrooklyn

• The image files that are exported from Keynote (jpeg, TIFF and PNG) do not have the ability to contain hyperlinks
  • Hyperlinks are created in an invisible layer above each of the objects in Keynote, the hyperlink remains inside keynote and can't be exported as jpeg, TIFF or PNG image files
  • You could export your graphic a PDF file with does retain the hyperlink, however this shows as a file icon not a full image in Mail, it would need to be double clicked by the recipient to view but it doedhyperlink correctly
  • Templates were a useful feature in Apple mail until recently and links to other content was possible. For reasons unknown, Apple removed this feature

How to export as image with link still working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.