Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Save Word Document

When I try to save I get the message, "'Word cannot save or create this file. The disk may be full or write-protected.Try one of the following:

*free more memory

*make sure that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-protected or damaged.'"

I also get the message, "Word is unable to save the AutoRecover file in the location you have specified. Make sure that you have specified a valid location for Autorecover files in Preferences, and that you have permission to write files to the location that you specified." I haven't changed anything in preferences etc. and it was working before.

iMac running Mojave

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 1:51 PM

There is a ton of space on my hard drive. I should have pointed that out in the request. At any rate I called Apple Support and they had me cut and paste into Google Docs and then reboot my computer and then cut & paste it back into Word. I had to fix the formatting, but the content was saved. Clever fix.

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't Save Word Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.